I can't turn on the computer, it doesn't wake up
1. Check power supply (PSU)
- Make sure the DC cable is not damaged and connected properly to the machine.
- Make sure the AC cord is properly plugged to both sides (Wall mounted well plugged).
- Trying an alternative adapter could eliminate bad PSU.
2. Check memory (RAM)
- Verify RAM module is seated firmly in its socket.
- Try to eliminate faulty memory sticks by swapping it with one another.
3. Check Peripherals (HDD/SSD/USB)
- Unplug peripherals and try to power up with bare minimum, that includes HDD/SSD/USB devices.
- Verify power up without storage. Sometimes damaged drives may cause the overall system to malfunction.
4. fitlet2 BIOS reset
- For BIOS version FLT2.0.40.01.00 and above.
- In cases BIOS version is older you may also try to reset BIOS blindly - Please Collapse the below:
Reset BIOS default following the following procedure (works for SBC revisions 1.1 only):
- Unplug power cable from the fitlet2
- Remove the 4x Phillips Chassis screws
- Remove and bottom and top cover
- Remove the DIMM stick
- Plug in power cable (should turn on automatically)- ~ Wait 10 seconds
- Unplug power cable
- Assemble back the DIMM stick
- Press the RTC reset button.
- Plug power cable (should be automatically turned on)
At this stage the BIOS settings should be reset to defaults.
I don't have any display output, there's nothing on the screen
1. Screen functionality and connectivity
- Make sure both power and display cables are connected firmly on both sides.
- Make sure the screen is turned On and is functioning.
- The best way to check screen functionality is by connecting to a good known working machine.
2. Validate memory
- Display issues on POST are a common symptom of incorrectly assembled or bad Memory DIMMS
- Please refer to Check memory RAM to diagnose Memory