* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step.
The following procedure suitable fitlet2 computers equipped with Intel ApolloLake processors.
BIOS update procedure
- Download and extract the AFU BIOS Updater Package. It contains the following files:
- Download and extract the fitlet2 BIOS files (see below)
- Format the USB Disk-on-Key with the FAT32 file system
- Copy the downloaded files to the formatted Disk-on-Key
- Connect the Disk-On-Key to the target unit
- Power up the target unit
- Press the DEL key during the boot until the BIOS Setup appears
- Browse to the Save & Exit menu
- Click on the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device option
- The system will boot to the EFI Shell, and after 4 seconds the automatic script will start
- The script will find the Storage Device with EFI update application
- Type the following command: flash flt2.bin
- The BIOS flashing process will start.
- At the end of the BIOS flashing process, type the following command: reset
- The system will restart and perform the initialization process.
- fitlet2 rev. 1.2 support is added
- Quite Boot Logo is fixed
- Evaluation Copy string is removed
- MD5: fb155a0ac17f792eab2d290aa95887a9
- Fix INTEL-SA-00088 vulnerability. Update of CPU Microcodes to M03506C9_0000002E and M03506CA_00000008