* BIOS update recommended in case the system is unstable, or required fixes have been released. * Incorrect BIOS update has a risk for system brick, therefore follow the guide step-by-step.
Latest Bios Versions:
- Airtop 1: ARTP-220.127.116.117.4.0
1. Download and save the attached archive:
2. Extract the image file from the archive.
3. Prepare bootable USB image:
Use Win32DiskImager utility for Windows: Win32DiskImager
Run this command to figure out what device name was assigned to the USB drive: $ ls -all /dev/disk/by-id/
Assuming the USB drive was detected as /dev/sdx write the image on it by typing: $ sudo dd if=filename.img of=/dev/sdx bs=1MB
4. Boot Airtop from the USB Flash.
5. Press F5 during boot until One Time Boot menu appears.
6. When boots up into FreeDOS command line run: BIOS_UPD.bat and wait for its completion without errors.
7. When BIOS update process ends the system will shut down automatically.
8. Boot Airtop.
9. Press F5 during boot until One Time Boot menu appears.
10. Choose USB HDD: option.
11. The system will boot again into FreeDOS command line run: ME_LOCK.bat and wait for its completion without errors.
12. Wait until the message "Please disconnect this system from power for 15 sec for completion" appears.
13. Power cycle the computer.
Update to BIOS core version ARTP-18.104.22.1687.4.0
- Starting S/N: TBD
- Fix INTEL-SA-00075 vulnerability. Update of ME AMT/vPro firmware to 22.214.171.12424
- Fix CVE-2017-8083 vulnerability. Lock Master Access Permissions.
- Windows 10 resume from sleep issue fix