Q. I cannot detect the storage in my BIOS
Q. The operating system tells my disk is not good.
Unreliable Storage can cause a multitude of problems.
Type of faults from Storage Drives:
- Booting Fault
- Speed issues
- Performance issues
- If your operating system is not booting properly, it may be due to the compatibility of your storage with the controller.
-> Verify Compatibility of the Storage VS your system
- If your PC is running slow, crashes, locks, reboots or freezes, it may be due to the storage drive.
- Blue screen of death (BSOD) or repair/recovery warnings.
- Data loss or corrupted data where your files/folders cannot be read from and/or written to.
- Bad sectors/blocks
- Strange noises including high pitched noises are usually a bad sign of storage.
Storage Verification Tools:
To verify your Storage, you can use software tools and benchmarks including the following:
- Crystal Disk Info
- Gparted (Linux-only)
Think to Verify the Compatibility of your Storage:
- Hard Disk Drive (HDD) - It's a mechanical drive using spinning disks. It generally is in the form of 2.5 inch.
- Sata Solid State Drive (SSD) - It uses integrated circuits assembled as memory.
- Sata SSD - This SSD uses the SATA connection. It also comes generally is in the form of 2.5 inch.
- mSata - The small form factor SSD with SATA 3.0 Interface.
- M.2 - ...
- SD cards - ...