Preparing a bootable USB Flash Device on Windows 7
- Download and Install "Win32DiskImager".
- Download and extract bios_update.zip
- Connect the UFD to your host computer (ensure you don't have any other USB mass storage devices connected).
- Run Win32DiskImager.exe.
- Select Device - target disk.
- Select Image File - 128MBDOS.img.
- Press Write to proceed.
- Wait until completion.
- Disconnect the UFD and connect it again. It should now be assigned a drive letter.
- Copy the SFlash16.exe file to the root directory on the UFD.
- Download the latest BIOS binary file for fit-PC2 or fit-PC2i*
- Copy the xxxxxx.ROM file to the root directory on the UFD.
Update the Bios
Warning: If watchdog is enabled - make sure to disable it before update, or you might brick the fit-PC.
- Insert thumb drive and boot. Press F2 during boot to enter CMOS Setup Utility
- Set 1st boot priority to USB KEY
- Save and exit
fit-PC2 should boot to DOS from the thumb drive.
SFlash16.exe <ROM file name> /Force
- Wait until completion - a message "Flash memory has been successfully programmed" should appear
* For FitPC2, you must also install the Boot ROM batch File in order to be able to perform PXE Boot in fit-PC2i