Bios for Security Update 21 May 2017: Explanation Article
Latest Bios Versions:
- Intense PC Ivy Bridge IPC_2.2.400.3 X64
1. Download and save the attached archive:
2. Extract the image file from the archive.
3. Prepare bootable USB image:
Use Win32DiskImager utility for Windows: Win32DiskImager
Run this command to figure out what device name was assigned to the USB drive: $ ls -all /dev/disk/by-id/
Assuming the USB drive was detected as /dev/sdx write the image on it by typing: $ sudo dd if=filename.img of=/dev/sdx bs=1MB
4. Boot Intense PC from the USB Flash.
5. When boots up into FreeDOS command line run: BIOS_UPD.bat and wait for its completion without errors.
6. The system will boot again into FreeDOS command line run: ME_LOCK.bat and wait for its completion without errors.
7. Wait until the message "Please disconnect this system from power for 15 sec for completion" appears.
8. Power cycle the computer.
Update to BIOS core version IPC_2.2.400.3 X64
- Starting S/N: TBD
- Fix INTEL-SA-00075 vulnerability. Update of ME AMT/vPro firmware to ME_188.8.131.5208
- Update ME Browser extension to 8.0.0.0072 for compatibility with ME_184.108.40.20608
- Fix CVE-2017-8083 vulnerability. Lock Master Access Permissions.